Japanese teachers and classroom teachers are invited to "buddy up" to engage in a dual-focus Professional Learning program.
Languages teachers will:
- learn about a contemporary method of learning and teaching Japanese using ACTLAN; and
- support and mentor their classroom teacher "buddy" in learning Japanese.
Classroom teachers will:
- develop their Japanese language skills; and
- gain a greater appreciation of language learning and the importance of delivering a dynamic and
interactive language program in schools.
- mimics the way we learn to speak or first native language as children;
- uses gesture, theatre, music and stories to maximise the students' use of language, and allows
students to recognize and appreciate their own development as they begin to understand, write
and speak more and more;
- uses both current cultural trends and traditional stories and customs to offer rich opportunities to
raise intercultural awareness
"Through this method, students truly enjoy their lessons and instinctively develop a
foundation/core for the language."
To register for this project, please complete an Expression of Interest Form and return it to the Project Manager, Kylie Farmer (contact details on the form) NO LATER THAN 18TH MARCH 2011.
Two key factors in the selection process for this project include:1. Priority will be given to applications received from pairs of teachersfrom one school. Pairs will be the Japanese teacher and a generalistclassroom teacher/school leader interested in learning Japanese throughthe ACTLAN methodology; and
2. Registration numbers will be directed by funding placement allocationsfrom each of the three Sectors - CECV, DEECD and ISV. This is across-sectoral Professional Learning Opportunity with limited placesavailable for each sector.You will be emailed prior to the 31st March 2011 to inform you of theoutcome of your application.
STUDY BUDDY PROJECT TIMELINE:
NOW - APPLICATIONS OPEN - www.mltav.asn.au
Register: www.pd-online.com.au by 1 April 2011
12 - 13 May 2011 at Shizuka Ryokan, Daylesford
Workshop 1 and 2 (over 2 consecutive days)
Wednesday afternoons weekly
8 weeks of 1hr sessions online via "Elluminate" 4-5pm from 18 May
29 July - Celebration Day
Click here for a Study Buddy Flyer