Advocacy for Languages - Introduction
This website section is intended primarily for use by teachers in promoting Languages programs in Victoria, especially in the context of presenting persuasive arguments for the teaching and learning of Languages to school curriculum committees, principals and parents.
The following resources are available by following this LINK:
- Articles, brochures and a PowerPoint presentation from authoritative organisations and individuals, supporting the teaching and learning of Languages
- A PowerPoint presentation compiled by the MLTAV, incorporating core arguments from the above
- Information about the MLTAV
CLICK HERE for a listing of organisations which also provide resources for Advocacy of Languages learning.
To download the MLTAV position paper:
Reforming Languages Education in Australian Schools - Beware the 'Quick Fix' CLICK HERE
For permission to publish or use the contents of this document for other purposes, please contact the MLTAV office by
The MLTAV has been involved in several major advocacy campaigns. Follow these links for more information about:
- Public Forum 'Languages for Australia's Future'
- ABC Radio National - Lingua Franca
- Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) NEXT GEN films for young people
Additionally, members of the teaching profession, through the MLTAV, take this opportunity to contribute to the debate around the reform of Languages education, in particular with regard to developments in Australian national curriculum.
For more details of the work of the National Curriculum Board and initiatives of the MLTAV CLICK HERE.
DISCLAIMER: Information and links in this section were, to the best of our knowledge, accurate at the time of publication. Please also refer to the MLTAV's liability policies with regard to information and advice supplied on our website.